Lincoln County Library System is seeking a friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individual to serve as a children's librarian at the La Barge Branch Library. The ideal candidate will have a winning attitude and the aptitude for performing professional level work. This includes but is not limited to providing appropriate age storytime for patrons, ordering children’s library material and working the general circulation desk. High School diploma required; some college and library experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual. If you are interested in living around, and working in, wonderful La Barge, Wyoming submit application and resume to the Lincoln County Library System. This is a 20 hour, benefited position. Starting salary is $11.00/hour. Application and a more complete job description is available at https://linclib.org/careers. Closes 6/26/2019. Contact Richard at 307-877-6961 for more information. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Lincoln County Library System, 519 Emerald St, Kemmerer, WY 83101. EOE.
EDUCATION: High School diploma required; some college preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer library experience and/or experience working with children.
1. Reads reviews and orders new materials for juvenile collection in accordance with System policies.
2. Plans, prepares for and delivers story times on a weekly basis.
3. Plans, prepares for and implements summer reading program.
4. Plans, prepares for and implements additional children’s programs as needed.
5. Familiarizes self with the children’s collection for reader’s advisory and programming.
6. Attends meetings, conferences, professional training seminars/workshops as necessary and/or available.
7. Performs circulation desk duties.
8. Assumes responsibility for statistical and written reports for the department.
9. Maintains juvenile collections according to system policies.
10. Assumes responsibility for expenditure of department’s budget.
11. Shares interlibrary loan duties with the Branch Librarian.
12. Shares management of rotating collections with Branch Librarian.
13. Sorts incoming mail and takes outgoing mail to Post Office as needed.
14. Promotes patron privacy and freedom to read.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Prefer knowledge of modern library practices and procedures.
2. Prefer some knowledge of children’s literature.
3. Skill in working with computers and willingness to keep up with changes in technology.
4. Works well with people, especially children.
5. Ability to work well with other employees.
6. Must be physically able to lift and carry boxes of books.
HOURS: 20 hours/week
REPORTS TO: LaBarge Branch Librarian
Job ID: 00017