Lincoln County Library System is seeking friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individuals to serve as library assistants at the Star Valley Branch Library. 20 hours per week with some weekends and evenings required.
Duties include: providing reference and information services to patrons; circulating and shelving materials; processing new materials; assisting with, and presenting programs and providing excellent customer service. Applicants should work well independently, enjoy working with people of all ages, have excellent computer skills and love libraries. High school diploma required.
Application and a more complete job description is available at https://linclib.org/careers.php. Submit application and resume to the Lincoln County Library System, 519 Emerald St, Kemmerer, WY 83101 or they may be emailed to email@example.com. Starting salary is $11.00/hour. Application deadline is April 14,2019. Contact Melissa at 885-3158 for more information. EOE.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT -- Job Description (partial)
(may be assigned to Circulation or Youth Services)
EDUCATION: High School diploma required
EXPERIENCE: Prefer library and/or customer service experience.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under direction of the Branch Manager or Youth Services Librarian, performs routine tasks at the circulation desk or in the children’s area. Provides public service by assisting patrons in the use of the Library through circulating materials, answering informational and reader’s advisory questions and assisting patrons with technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents, however, and does not include all tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform.
1. Open and close the library, following established procedures.
2. Perform circulation operations in Workflows, maintain patron records.
3. Assure compliance with Lincoln County Library System policies and procedures.
4. Assist patrons with informational and reader’s advisory questions.
5. Assist patrons with technology and library’s online databases and catalog.
6. Assists with the management of collections, including rotating collections.
7. Collects and reconciles money and maintains statistics.
8. Maintains periodicals.
9. Processes holds and Interlibrary Loan requests.
10. Processes new materials for checkout.
11. Provides assistance with fax, copier and other services.
12. Accurately shelves materials, reads and maintains orderly shelves.
13. Updates computers when needed.
14. Assists Youth Services Librarian with programming.
15. Works evenings and weekends as needed.
Necessary Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
• Knowledge of Library practices and procedures.
• Skill in working with technology.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with the public and coworkers.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
HOURS: 10-40 hours/week (pay scale: $10.71 - $14.65 per hour)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager or Youth Services Librarian (11/2015)
Job ID: 00015