Interested in a career with the Lincoln County Library System?
The Lincoln County Library System accepts applications when there is a specific position open. All open positions will be posted below.
Location: Star Valley Branch Library, Afton, WY 83110
Position Type: Part Time (20 hours per week)
Status: Under Review - 8/15/23
Are you ready for a new adventure, or thinking about trying something new? We have an opportunity just for you! The Lincoln County Library System is seeking a friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individual to serve as a Library Assistant at the Star Valley Branch Library in Afton, WY.
The ideal candidate will love working with the public, have a winning attitude, excellent communication and computer skills and the aptitude for performing professional level work. Some library experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual. This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week, with some Saturdays and evenings required. This position does offer holiday, vacation and sick leave as well as membership in the Wyoming Retirement System. Starting salary is $14.50/hour.
Application and job description is available at https://linclib.org/careers; open until filled.
Expected start date is mid/late August.
Submit application and resume to the Lincoln County Library System, 519 Emerald St, Kemmerer, WY 83101 or they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Lizzy Larson at 307-885-3158 for additional information. EOE.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent required
EXPERIENCE: Prefer library and/or customer service experience.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the direction of the Branch Manager or Youth Services Librarian, performs routine library tasks. Provides public service by assisting patrons in the use of the library through circulating materials, answering informational and reader’s advisory questions and assisting patrons with technology.
Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents and does not include all specific tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform.
1. Open and close the library, following established procedures.
2. Perform circulation operations.
3. Assist patrons with informational and reader’s advisory questions.
4. Assist patrons with technology, online databases and library catalog.
5. Assists with the management of collections.
6. Assists in maintaining library statistics.
7. Assists with maintaining periodicals.
8. Processes holds and interlibrary loan requests.
9. Processes new materials for circulation.
10. Accurately reads and shelves materials.
11. Updates computers when needed.
12. Assists with patron activities and branch programming.
13. Work evenings and weekends as needed.
Necessary Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
• Knowledge & compliance of LCLS practices and procedures.
• Skill in working with technology.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with the public and coworkers.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
HOURS: 10-40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager or Youth Services Librarian
Lincoln County Library System
519 Emerald St, Kemmerer, WY 83101
Copyright © 2022 Lincoln County Library System - All Rights Reserved.