Lincoln County Library System is seeking a friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individual to serve as the branch manager at Lincoln County Library. The ideal candidate will have a winning attitude and the aptitude for performing professional level work. This includes but is not limited to, supervision of branch staff, providing general reference services and assisting patrons with locating information. Work also requires the ability to plan and stay within budget constraints. Use of independent judgment and discretion a definite plus. A Bachelor’s Degree with some library experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual. If you are interested in living around, and working in, gorgeous Southwest Wyoming, submit an application and resume to the Lincoln County Library System. This is a full-time, benefited position. Starting salary is $13.50/hour during probationary period with possible advancement after 3-6 months. Application and a more complete job description is available at https://linclib.org/careers. Open until 2/15/2019. Contact Richard at 307-877-6961 for more information. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Lincoln County Library, 519 Emerald St, Kemmerer, WY 83101. EOE.
Job Description (partial)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Some college combined with library experience.
1. Insures that the operation of the library conforms to and complies with all applicable legal regulations.
2. Interprets and implements policies of the Library System.
3. Continues to develop professionally in order to keep abreast of technology and trends in librarianship.
4. Serves as an advocate for patron privacy and intellectual freedom.
5. Attends meetings, conferences, professional training seminars/workshops as necessary and/or available.
6. Assumes responsibility for statistical and written reports for the branch.
7. Manages mail.
1. Administers budget for the branch.
2. Assumes responsibility for branch monies including petty cash and money taken in at the branch level.
3. Responsible for preparing bills to be sent to Administrative Assistant for payment.
4. Assumes responsibility for requisitioning supplies and equipment.
1. Establishes and maintains regular communication with the director and other LCLS staff.
2. Attends monthly librarians’ meetings.
3. Represents staff and their concerns to the Director.
1. Promotes library services and insures the library is active part of the community.
2. Serves as a representative of and advocate for the branch.
3. Responds to complaints in a timely manner and notifies the Director of complaints that cannot be handled at the local level.
4. Partners with schools and other community groups to promote library services.
5. Maintains positive relationship with the Wyoming State Library, other Lincoln County branch libraries and libraries around the state.
6. Serves as the liaison with Friends groups.
Programs and Services
1. Arranges for displays, exhibits, and special programs.
2. Makes every effort to insure collection meets needs of patrons and community.
3. Responsible for collection development for the branch, including selection and weeding in accordance with System policies.
4. Handles reference questions.
5. Performs circulation desk duties.
6. Creates brochures, posters, website posts, etc. and uses local media to inform community of library programs and activities.
7. Schedules use of the building.
8. Prepares new books and other materials for circulation.
9. Performs interlibrary loan duties.
10. Manages and transports rotating collections.
11. Orders audiobooks for the System’s rotating collections.
12. Protects patrons’ right to privacy and freedom to read.
1. Supervises, hires, trains and evaluates branch personnel.
2. Responsible for scheduling hours of work, approving leave requests, and certifying time sheets for branch employees.
3. Provides safe working conditions and sufficient equipment.
4. Makes sure staff receives training necessary to effectively perform their jobs.
1. Takes steps to maintain physical facilities for the branch, providing simple maintenance when needed.
2. Engages and oversees cleaning contractor.
1. Insures that technology for the branch is adequate and keeps up with changing needs.
2. Manages public use of internet computers.
3. Provides technical expertise to branch staffs.
4. Serves as administrator for the system’s website.
Job ID: 00012