Board of Trustees Meeting November 21, 2013
1:00 p.m. - Lincoln County Library - Kemmerer, Wyoming
The meeting was called to order at 1:01 p.m. by Chairman Kenney. Present were Missy Harris and Susan Park. Debra Hess, Diane Kenney, and Brenda McGinnis attended by tele-conference. Laura Beck and Judy Crank were absent.
Chairman Kenney asked if there were any changes or additions to the agenda or the October 17, 2013 minutes. There were no changes. The agenda and minutes were accepted by consensus.
Susan moved to accept the end-of-month October vouchers and the November vouchers in the amount of $46,967.71. Debra seconded. Motion carried.
The following Discussion Items were reviewed:
Agreement with Thayne
- The County Attorney drafted a Memorandum of Understanding between the LCLS and the town of Thayne regarding grant-seeking materials that the town placed in the Thayne library. Thayne Mayor, Bob King, indicated that the town will agree to the MOU.
- A letter of complaint was received from a Kemmerer library patron. After some discussion the Board agreed to address the issue next month after further fact-finding is performed.
- The proposed Complaint Policy was reviewed. With some revisions, it will be presented as an Action Item next month.
- The Let it Snow Winter Reading Program begins in most branches next month.
- Upcoming special events and programs were noted.
- The Wyoming Humanities Council’s “On the Road” reading series begins in the Kemmerer library in January, 2014. WWCC English instructor, Chris Propst will be the discussion leader.
- 3M Cloud Library usage for the first three quarters of 2013 represented 4.4% of the total items checked out by LCLS patrons.
- Librarians will be weeding collections before the end of the year. December 31, 2013 is the date when WYLD annual fees will be recalculated. Fees are based on circulation and number of items held.
Upcoming events were noted.
Financial statements, librarians reports, cataloger’s reports and the FY14 Action Plan were reviewed.
Chairman Kenney adjourned the meeting at 1:49 p.m.
Checks were signed following the Foundation meeting.
The August payroll, payroll taxes and other miscellaneous payables totaled $71,593.22.