Board of Trustees Meeting May 16, 2013
1:00 p.m. – Lincoln County Library – Kemmerer, Wyoming
The meeting was called to order at 1:03 p.m. by Chairman Kenney. Present were Judy Crank, Missy Harris, Diane Kenney, Brenda McGinnis and Susan Park. Laura Beck and Debra Hess attended via tele-conference.
Chairman Kenney asked if there were any changes or additions to the agenda or the April 18, 2013 minutes. There were no changes. The agenda and minutes were accepted by consensus.
Susan moved to accept the end-of-month April vouchers and the May vouchers in the amount of $63,580.26. Judy seconded. Motion carried.
The following Discussion Items were reviewed
- Brenda met with the Commissioners on May 7 to present the proposed FY14 budget. We should learn mid-June the library’s appropriation for next year.
- Recorded Books is offering a physical/digital audiobooks bundle for WYLD member libraries. We can purchase books on CD and then purchase digital titles for the OneClick collections for about 15% more.
Meeting Room Policy
- Proposed changes to the Meeting Room Policy were reviewed.
- Summer Reading Program preparations are being finalized. Programs will begin in mid-June.
- Wyoming Reads celebration is May 14. First grade students receive a free hardback book through the Sue Jorgensen Foundation. The program is administered through the public libraries in Cokeville and Kemmerer and through the schools in Star Valley and LaBarge.
- Moms Day Out was held in the Cokeville Library on May 8. It was very well attended.
- Thayne Book Club meets May 16. The book is Game of Thrones.
- Department of Workforce Services is offering a workshop for Job Seekers on May 16 at the Thayne library.
- Star Valley Book Club will meet on May 27. The book is The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Free Tax Service
The Wyoming Free Tax Service helped 37 taxpayers prepare and file their 2012 federal taxes. Appreciation was expressed to Dan Dockstader for advertising he donated in the Star Valley Independent.
Brenda advised the board of two instances of vandalism in the Kemmerer men’s bathroom. The police were notified, and the graffiti has been removed.
WYLD Annual Meeting
The WYLD Annual Meeting is June 13 and 14 in Casper. WYLD is the Wyoming Libraries’ Database that provides access to the collections of every Wyoming member library.
Upcoming events were noted.
Financial statements, librarians’ reports, cataloger’s report and the FY13 action plan were reviewed.
Chairman Kenney adjourned the meeting at 1:34 p.m.
Checks were signed following the Foundation meeting.