The Wyoming State Library (WSL) will soon provide another source for eBook checkouts to library patrons. Beginning July 2, the 3M Cloud Library will join the current provider, Freading, in making eBooks available to library card holders. Some key points for users are
- Books can be checked out by only one person at a time.
- Users can check out 3 books at a time for 14 days each.
- Users can place up to 3 holds at a time.
- You have 5 days to claim a title on hold before it moves on to the next person.
- Books cannot be renewed, but they can be checked out again, if available.
Apple devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch), Android-based tablets and smartphones, Nooks, Sony eReaders, and many more devices not specifically listed are compatible with the Cloud Library. The Cloud Library does not work with standard Kindles at this time. Although there is an Android app, it is not available for the Kindle Fire. It is possible to transfer content onto the Kindle Fire if you have another reading app installed such as Freading.
Online instructions, accessed from a link on this page, will be available for using the 3M Cloud Library.